Italian MRCC informs Aquarius about a SAR operation in progress in oilfield Farwah and instructs Aquarius to assist and to proceed at full speed.
SITUATION RECAP of the last SAR Operations
Last update 17/06/2018 – 14:30 (All times in UTC+2)
– Aquarius rescued 230 people from 2 rubber boats in distress off coast Libya during the night between the 09th and the 10th of June.
– The second boat in distress was sinking during the rescue operation.
– 400 survivors have been transferred onboard Aquarius from a cargo ship and 3 Italian governmental ships.
– The Aquarius stand-by 48 hours between Malta and Italy.
– 524 survivors have been transfered onboard 2 gouvernemental ships, which braught them in convoy, together with Aquarius (with 106 survivors remaining onboard) to a place of safety in Valencia (Spain).
– After cross-checking testimonies from the survivors, the Aquarius reported 2 missing people on the group of survivors.
– All the operations were under the responsibility of the MRCC Rome, from the first distress alert until the disembarkation in Spain.