Ocean Viking is in position 34°36.0′ N, 014°31.8′ E , sailing at a speed of 10.5 knots.
Last update 12/04/2019 at 12h10 (All times in UTC+1)
– On the 28th of November, Ocean Viking rescued 60 people from a wooden boat in distress in the international waters of the Libyan Search and Rescue Region. The boat in distress was reported by Alarm Phone to the Libyan JRCC in the late afternoon and was spotted by Ocean Viking roughly 1 hour later. Ocean Viking kept the Libyan JRCC continuously informed during the SAR event
– On the 29th of November, Ocean Viking asked Libyan JRCC for a Place of Safety for the 60 survivors, but did not receive any answer
– On the 01st of December, Ocean Viking asked ITMRCC and MTJRCC for a Place of Safety for the 60 survivors
– On the 03rd of December, ITCG informed Ocean Viking that Pozzallo (IT) has been assigned as a Place of Safety for the 60 survivors
– On the 04th of December, all 60 survivors disembarked in Pozzallo (IT)