Below the recap of the 22nd of April 2021:
– Ocean Viking starts the search at 0317Z in pos 33 30.4N 013 53.0E in cooperation with MY ROSE (mmsi: 372505000), ALK (mmsi 304619000), VS LISBETH (mmsi: 2320005015)
– at 1024Z MY ROSE has visual on 3 bodies in pos 33 34N 013 37E
– at 1042Z Osprey 3 order to MY ROSE to standby in position and wait for Libyan patrol vessel Ubari
– at 1043Z Osprey 3 has visual on the shipwreck (grey rubber boat) in pos 33 44.44N 013 37.57E
– at 1150Z AIK leaves the scene and communicate via VHF that patrol vessel Ubari is the coordinator, meanwhile VS LISBETH left the area
– at 1200Z Ocean Viking has visual contact on the shipwreck and few bodies in pos 33 45.0N 013 38.0E. Only the sponsons were remaining afloat, no deck, no transom, no engine and bow completely under water level. No signs of survivors and MY ROSE is still holding her position in the area.
– at 1206Z Ocean Viking calls via sat phone LYJRCC asking information about ETA of Ubari. The officer on watch confirmed that Ubari was going to come on scene
– at 1323Z Ocean Viking calls via sat phone LYJRCC asking information about ETA of Ubari. The officer on watch confirmed that Ubari was going to come on scene
– at 1505Z Ocean Viking on scene in pos 33 45.5N 013 40.6E 3nm from MY ROSE. Patrol vessel Ubari is not yet arrived
Ocean Viking while standing by in the area spotted several bodies in the water.
Current weather condition: wind 6 to 7, seastate 5 to 6.